Wednesday 29 January 2014

day 2 of the coventry cottage build

So like I mentioned yesterday, it is much easier to decorate as you go with this house. Yesterday I installed the wood floors on the main floor. I did this using wooden coffee stir sticks. I stained them using watered down Cinnamon brown paint. I like the look of them. I also started to add the wallpaper on the kitchen and living room walls. The kitchen has this cute blue strip paper with little china plates on it and the living room is a flowered wallpaper. The second floor is also installed so today will be finishing off the wallpaper on the first floor and doing the wooden floor on the second level of the house.





I also dry fitted the bay window, the inside I will paint. I also need to do the porch floor before the porch beams go in.  It will have a stone look to it.

Hopefully I will get lots done today on the build. stay tuned to see what tomorrow brings.
 

1 comment:

  1. I like the wallpaper you picked. The floors are a great color too. The house is coming along really great.

    Have fun,
    Daina

    ReplyDelete